Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Two people (and a cat) were treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters have put out a blaze that apparently began in a Wood Lane garage — and produced enough smoke for two people and a cat to be treated for smoke inhalation. North Andover Fire Chief Andrew Melkinas said his department got the call about 2:15 for a fire at 347 Wood Lane. When his crews arrived, flames were shooting out of a window. There were three people in the house, all of whom got out safely. Melkinas described them as a grandfather, a grandmother and a grandson in his twenties. The two older people were treated for smoke inhalation, but they declined being taken to a hospital. Humans weren't the only ones getting treatment. A family cat, Moosha, was also given oxygen. The chief didn't give a damage estimate. He said the …
A two-story garage is on fire at 347 Wood Lane.
UPDATE: Everyone is okay, including a family cat who received oxygen from North Andover firefighters. ~~~~~ Firefighters are battling a blaze at 347 Wood Lane, according to reports. Two people have been treated for smoke inhalation. Please check back soon for more information. For breaking North Andover news as it happens, sign up for North Andover Patch email alerts.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
North Andover firefighters have extinguished a blaze at a single family house on Bixby Street. There are no reported injuries.
The North Andover Fire Department has put out a blaze that damaged a single family house on Bixby Street. Crews responded to 11 Bixby St., a two-story colonial, sometime shortly after 4:30 p.m. Patch Editor Brendan Lewis said no fire was visible, just smoke. Firefighters are looking carefully through the house to make sure no fire remains in the walls, he said. No one was injured in the blaze. The fire started in the basement and was contained to that area of the house, Lt. John Weir of the North Andover Fire Department told Patch. One person was home at the time. Weir said that the fire was extinquished within 15 minutes of firefighters' arrival. The family will be staying with other family members in the area, Weir said. The house …
Friday, December 10, 2010
Items from the North Andover Police Log of Dec. 8 and 9.
- POLICE & FIRE
- Jay Oza
Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, Dec. 9 12:42 p.m. A fire was reported at 220 Sutton St., Gentiva Health Services. The fire was accidental and caused by electricians. The Fire Department was contacted for assistance. 2:30 p.m. At the North Andover Mall, a citizen reported a lost wallet. The wallet was black and appeared to belong to woman. The wallet contained approximately $150 in cash and various credit cards. Contact the Police Department if this wallet may be yours.