.

Watertown Mattress Fire Cause by Faulty Space Heater

The Fire Department determined the cause of the blaze that started in a Howard Street home on Dec. 27.

 

A faulty space heater sparked a blaze that damaged a mattress in a Howard Street home last week.

The fire started at 4:42 p.m. on Dec. 27, said Watertown Police Lt. Michael Lawn.

"The Fire Department responded to a fire on the second floor of a home on Howard Street and found a mattress on fire," Lawn said. "The fire was extinguished and it was caused by a faulty space heater."

The mattress was dragged out of the home and fire did not significant damage to the rest of the home.

Peter Griffin January 03, 2013 at 03:44 PM
Why do the police comment on fire related calls?
Charlie Breitrose January 03, 2013 at 08:48 PM
Peter, the police also respond to fires, so they write up reports. I got the information when I was talking to the police about the arrest log. Typically the Fire Department will comment on these stories.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »