I am a huge popcorn lover. I have passed the love of popcorn down to my children.
One day I walked into the kitchen to find my son licking the inside of the microwave popcorn bag. At first I told him how disgusting that was, and then I thought of all of the chemicals in the store bought microwave popcorn products. It was time for this son of a popcorn lover to kick his bag licking habit forever!
To “green” your popcorn and save a boat load of money, do as follows:
- Purchase paper lunch bags at your grocery store.
- In the snack isle you will find bags of loose popcorn. It is very inexpensive. You do not need to buy the Orville in a bottle which is two times more the cost.
- Place a half cup of loose popcorn in the bottom of the paper bag. Roll down the top about one or two inches to seal the bag.
- Place the bag in the microwave and cook for two minutes.
- Stay in the kitchen while popping since it is a paper bag you do not want to over cook the popcorn.
- Put popcorn into a bowl and season however you like!
This is a great snack for dieters if you don’t put butter on it in the end.
There you have it the simplest; least expensive, yet chemical free popcorn!