At the 40th annual Sheep Shearing Festival on May 20 at the North Andover Common, there will be a game called Cow Pie Bingo. And a couple different readers have asked what exactly that is.
Does it mean what we think it means?
Yes, it does.
In Cow Pie Bingo, like a football pool, you may purchase a square (or more). In this case, each square is $5 and there are 625 squares available. On a field at the Sheep Shearing Festival, there will be the squares drawn out on the ground. Then, at 1 p.m., a well-fed cow will be set loose on the field.
The cow will "do his business" on the field, and if the result lands on your square, you win $1,000.
All proceeds from Cow Pie Bingo will benefit the North Andover Santa Parade.
Where to Sign Up
- The 40th Sheep Shearing Festival, May 20th, North Andover Common
- Main Street in front of the Post Office, May 5 from 8 to 11 a.m.
- Butcher Boy Market, May 5 from 12 to 3 p.m.
- 1812 Turnpike St., April 30 to May 4, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 199 Pleasant St., May 7 to 12, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Stachey’s Pizza, 9 High St., May 13 to 19, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
You Ask … Patch Answers is an occasional column for locals looking for solutions to community problems, issues and those "only in North Andover" situations that you want solved. From the serious (How will cuts to government services affect me?); to the silly (who picked the furniture for the new addition?); weve got you covered.
If you have a question about something in North Andover, send it to Bryan.McGonigle@patch.com to get an answer.
Go ahead, North Andover. You Ask... Patch Answers.