Today is Tuesday, Oct. 9. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cool and Rainy: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-50s most of the day, with rain most of the day as well.
- Trash Delay: Trash pick-up is delayed by one day this week due to the holiday.
- Flu Shots: Get ready for flu season. Flu shots will be available from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Senior Center.
- Meeting: The Finance Committee will meet at 6:45 p.m. at Town Hall.
- 1781, American forces defeated British troops in Yorktown, Va., in what would be the last major battle of the Revolutionary War. In 1888, the Washington Monument was open to the public for the first time. In 1930, Laura Ingalls landed her plane in California and became the first woman to fly solo across the continental United States. In 1986 Andrew Lloyd Webber's musica "Phantom of the Opera" opened in London.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.