Today is Thursday, Oct. 18. Here are five things you need to know.
- Sunny Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-60s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The School Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Debate: The 6th District congressional candidates debated last night at North Andover High School. Check for the coverage of that this morning.
- Costume Contests: Patch is having two Halloween costume contests. Upload a Also, upload a photo of your pet in costume and you could win a $50 gift card.
- This Day in History: In 1767, the Mason-Dixon line was agreed upon as the boundary between Maryland and Pennsylvania. In 1867, the United States formally took possession of Alaska after buying it from Russia for $7 million. In 1997 a monument honoring American servicewomen was dedicated at Arlington National Cemetery.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.