Today is Monday, June 25: Here are five things you need to know:
- Thunderstorms: Temperatures are expected to be in the low 70s most of the day, with thunderstorms possible in the afternoon.
- Power Outages: The weekend's thunderstorms Power has reportedly been restored to most of the town, but if you do not have power, call National Grid's power outage hotline at 1-800-465-1212.
- Cheap Gas: has gas at $3.33 a gallon for regular.
- Readers' Choice: Our Readers' Choice contest is back.
- This Day in History: In 1868, Congress enacted legislation for an 8-hour day for federal employees. In 1877, Alexander Graham Bell demonstrated the telephone at the Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia. In 1962, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the use of unofficial non-denominational prayer in public schools was unconstitutional. In 1997, President Bill Clinton tightened air pollution standards.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.