Today is Wednesday, June 13. Here are five things you need to know:
- Rainy Day: Temperatures are expected to be around 70 degrees today, with rain throughout the afternoon.
- Town Meeting: The voters have spoken. Check out the live blog transcript from last night's Town Meeting.
- Reading Partnership: Check out our new partnership with author James Patterson to get kids reading this summer.
- Cheap Gas: has gas at $3.43 a gallon for regular.
- This Day in History: In 1777, the Marquis de Lafayette arrived America to help with the fight against the British. In 1866, Congress passed the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, designed to grant citizenship to and protect the civil liberties of recently freed slaves. In 1888, Congress created the Department of Labor. In 1967, President Lyndon B. Johnson nominated Solicitor General Thurgood Marshall to become the first black justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.