Today is Monday, Jan. 7. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cold Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the low 30s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The Board of Selectmen will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Go Green: Here are some tips on being more eco-friendly locally.
- Curbside Trees: Curbside Christmas Tree Pick-Up runs though Friday.
- This Day in History: In 1610, Galileo Galilei sighted four of Jupiter's moons. In 1789, Americans voted for the electors that would choose George Washington to be the nation's first president. In 1949, the announcement of the first photograph of genes was shown at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. In 1953, President Harry Truman announced the development of the hydrogen bomb.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.