Today is Wednesday, Feb. 6. Here are five things you need to know.
- Rain and Snow: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-30s most of the day, with chance of rain and snow.
- Meeting: The Affordable Housing Trust will meet at 8 a.m. at Town Hall.
- Valentine's: Local businesses, share your Valentine's Day specials on Patch.
- Election: A familiar face has entered the special Senate race.
- This Day in History: In 1778, France officially recognized the United States. In 1788, Massachusetts became the sixth state to ratify the United States Constitution. In 1933, the 20th Amendment to the Constitution went into effect moving the beginning of presidential, vice presidential and congressional terms from March to January. In 2000, First Lady Hillary Clinton announced her candidacy for a U.S. Senate seat from New York.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.