Today is Friday, Jan. 4. Here are five things you need to know.
- Less Cold: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-30s most of the day, with cloudy skies.
- Cold Tips: Here are some tips on dealing with the arctic temperatures.
- Curbside Trees: Curbside Christmas Tree Pick-Up runs though next Friday.
- Meteors: Don't miss this week's spectacular sky show.
- This Day in History: In 1935, Bob Hope was heard for the first time on network radio as part of "The Intimate Revue." In 1936, the first pop music chart based on national sales was published by "Billboard" magazine. In 1965, in his State of the Union address President Lyndon Johnson proclaimed the building of the "Great Society." In 1999, former professional wrestler Jesse Ventura was sworn in as Minnesota's 37th governor.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.