Today is Wednesday, Jan. 30. Here are five things you need to know.
- Warm: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-50s most of the day, with rain showers throughout the day as well.
- Meeting: A public information meeting about Steven Pond will be at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Care for Vets: through Veteran’s Day 2013.
- Election: Sen. John Kerry has been confirmed as secretary of state, meaning a special election to fill his seat will be coming.
- This Day in History: In 1798, the U.S. House of Representatives had its first physical altercation when Congressmen Matthew Lyon and Roger Griswold fought on the House floor. In 1844, Richard Theodore Greener became the first African American to graduate from Harvard University. In 1933, Adolf Hitler was named chancellor of Germany.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.