Today is Thursday, Jan. 3. Here are five things you need to know.
- More Cold: Temperatures are expected to be in the high 20s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The School Committee will meet at 7 p.m. in the North Andover High School auditorium.
- Trash Delay: Trash pick-up is delayed one day this week because of the holiday.
- Meteors: Don't miss this week's spectacular sky show.
- This Day in History: In 1777, the Americans defeated British forces in the Battle of Princeton during the War of Independence. In 1825, the first engineering college in the nation, Rensselaer School, opened in Troy, N.Y. In 1993, President George H.W. Bush and Russian President Boris Yeltsin signed the second Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty in Moscow. In 2000, Charles M. Schulz's final original daily comic strip appeared in newspapers.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.