Today is Thursday, Feb. 28. Here are five things you need to know.
- Rain: Temperatures are expected to be in the high 40s most of the day, with rain most of the day as well.
- Meeting: The Board of Health will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Playoffs: A local couple is raising money to help teens with cancer, in memory of their son.
- Missing Dog: There's so keep your eyes open for him.
- This Day in History: In 1854, the Republican Party was organized in Wisconsin, by mostly opponents of slavery. In 1885, American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) was incorporated. In 1940, the first televised basketball game was shown from Madison Square Garden. In 1953, scientists James D. Watson and Francis H.C. Crick discovered the double-helix structure of DNA in a Cambridge laboratory.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.