Today is Thursday, Aug. 23. Here are five things you need to know:
- Sunny Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the high 80s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The School Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at
- Blogging: Ever wanted to have your own blog? You can on Patch. Contact Bryan.McGonigle@patch.com.
- Letters: It's election season and we have a primary coming up soon. Want your voice heard? Send a Letter to the Editor to Bryan.McGonigle@patch.com.
- This Day in History: In 1902, Fannie Merrit Farmer opened her cooking school, Miss Farmer’s School of Cookery, in Boston. In 1944, Allied troops captured Marseilles during World War II. In 1962, the first live TV program was relayed between the United States and Europe. In 1996, President Bill Clinton imposed limits on peddling cigarettes to children.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.