Ten Places to Find Halloween Costumes in North Andover
Halloween is less than a week away – get your costume now.
Whether you are looking for a quick and easy packaged costume or would rather be creative and fashion a costume that is unique, there are many places in North Andover that can help make this year’s Halloween costume a memorable one. Adults, children and even the family’s beloved pet can find a variety of dress-up options at these local stores:
- Kids Karousel: Find your child’s gently worn costumes at Kids Karousel, 199 Pleasant St., where you will pay a fraction of the cost of the regular retail price. Sweet princess dresses, fun M&M costumes (both featured) and many more options are going fast this week.
- T.J. Maxx: T.J. Maxx at the North Andover Mall, 350 Winthrop Ave., still has a small selection of costumes for kids as well as an adorable selection of pet costumes that you will find at the front of the store by the register.
- Petco: If you are shopping for your pet alone, stop into Petco, 790 Waverly Road, where your pet’s costume is ready and waiting. Your furry friend can be the cutest little critter in town.
- Pier 1 Imports: Often times a costume just needs those final little touches to make it a contest winner. Pier 1, 133 Turnpike St. at Eaglewood Shops, has an assortment of accessories that are sure to make your costume a showstopper. A black feather boa, decorative witch’s hat, an angel’s halo and devil’s horns are all available.
- Thunder Sports: If you are thinking of going as your favorite athlete or sports star for Halloween, Thunder Sports, 137 Turnpike St. at Eaglewood Shops, has what you are looking for. Currently, all items are on sale at 20 percent off due to the store’s impending closing.
- North Andover Thrift Shop: If you are truly inspired and ready to put together an authentic or vintage look this Halloween, you may find that original article of clothing at the North Andover Thrift Shop, 172 Sutton St. Jewelry, handbags and other accessories are also on hand to complete your look.
- Jane On A Budget: Another store to browse around in is Jane On A Budget. With a great selection of brand name clothing, you never know what you might find to devise the perfect costume.
- CVS: For the quick and easy packaged costume, CVS, 100 Turnpike St. or 115 Main St., has a decent selection along with standard extras like, make-up, masks, nails and more.
- Walgreens: If you are stopping in for Halloween candy and still don’t have your costume, check out the options at Walgreens, 800 Waverly Road. You may find the perfect base from which you can add some embellishments to make it an original for the photo books.
- RiteAid: Another option for the quick and easy costume is Rite Aid at 525 Turnpike St., and you might be surprised at what you will find. At 50% off, these costumes are worth the look. A full length greek goddess, a first mate pirate and a zombie outfit are just a few of the picks you’ll discover to make your Halloween complete.
Dressing up for Halloween is easy and this can be your year to finally win that cutthroat costume contest. Step out to one of these local stores, and don’t let this costume loving holiday pass you by.
And don't forget to submit your kids' costume photos for our big contest.
Happy Halloween 2011.