PHOTOS: North Andover Dems' Scholarship Breakfast
Many familiar faces were there to show their support and rally volunteers.
Local Democrats gathered at the North Andover Country Club Sunday morning for the North Andover Democratic Town Committee Scholarship Breakfast.
Mark DiSalvo served as emcee. Speakers included State Treasurer Steve Grossman, State Rep. Diana DiZoglio, State Sen. Kathleen O'Connor Ives, Congressman John Tierney and more.
Check out these photos from the event.
Straw Poll Results
There was a straw poll taken, with various races from 2016 presidential to 2013 School Committee. Hillary Clinton, Zora Warren and Steve Grossman seem to have a lot of support among the town's Democrats.
- In the North Andover 2013 School Committee race, Zora Warren received 88 percent of the vote, and Mark Mezzina received 12 percent.
- In the special U.S. Senate election, Democrat Ed Markey received 80 percent of the vote, and Democrat Stephen Lynch received 17 percent. The remaining three percent of the votes went to the Republicans in the race.
- In the 2014 gubernatorial election, Steve Grossman received 81 percent, Joe Avellone received 17 percent, and Donald Berwick received 2 percent.
- For president in 2016, Hillary Clinton received a whopping 95 percent of the vote, while Joe Biden received just 5 percent.
- Local Democrats approve of President Barack Obama's performance: 35 percent extremely favorable, 55 percent favorable, 8 percent unfavorable and 2 percent extremely unfavorable.
Obama will probably not fare as well at the North Andover Republican Town Committee Spring Fling, which will be this Thursday evening.