Snow, Ice Grip North Andover
See a tree down in your neighborhood? Notice a road is blocked? Just saw a store clerk upload a pallet of fresh batteries? Use this story on North Andover Patch to help out your neighbors as we brave the snowstorm together.
North Andover seems to have gotten a bit more snow than expected, with several inches already on the ground.
Update 9:25 a.m.: Several roads are a mess in town. The roads near the Sargent Elementary School are reportedly very icy. The DPW is out plowing roads now.
Update 10:45 a.m.: North Andover Police say the roads are very hazardous in town and there have been plenty of vehicle accidents and vehicles off the side of roads this morning. Route 114 has been backed up all morning too.
Update 1:45 p.m.: Police say there were 25 accidents and cars off roads between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m., including a school bus that was stuck on Bradford Street. There were no major injuries reported. By the afternoon things calmed down at the Police Department.
As you send us messages through social media and email (Bryan.McGonigle@patch.com), we’ll make sure the information is added here to this story in the comments and on the map found above. If you notice road hazards, please alert authorities and then let us know so we can spread the word quickly. You can comment right on this story to make sure readers know what’s going on in your neighborhood.
Important Phone Numbers to Know:
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Police Department: 978-683-3168
- Fire Department: 978-688-9590
- Public Works: 978-685-0950
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar power outages: 800-592-2000 or the Report an Outage form.
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
You can also upload photos from the storm. But please be safe.