Music, Skating, Sledding on Tap This Weekend
Here are five ways to enjoy your weekend locally.
Feeling stir crazy? Need to get out and enjoy some music, cheer on local athletes or barrel down a hill on a piece of plastic?
Here are five things to do in North Andover this weekend:
1. Coffee house. Looking for live music on a Friday night in North Andover and want to support local youth music programs? Look no further than North Andover High School Coffee House being held from 7 to 10 p.m. tonight. The eclectic set list includes NAHS students performing songs from Jackson 5, Taylor Swift, The Doors, Eminem, Green Day and Stevie Wonder. Tickets are $6 at the door.
2. Ready to run. If rooting on the Scarlet Knights is more your interest, head over to Crozier Gym at 10:30 a.m. Saturday as the NAHS girls’ and boys’ varsity track team takes on Masconomet.
3. Get on the ice. Grab your skates and head over to the Brooks School, 1160 Great Pond Road at 6:40 p.m. Sunday for public skating. North Andover Youth and Recreation Services are hosting weekly public skating until Feb. 20. There is no skate rental. Cost is $3 per person.
4. Go sledding. If free fun is more your speed, put the kids in the car and head out to one of North Andover’s sledding spots. Here are five spots. Which is your favorite? Did we miss one?
5. Dance to the music. The Bert Scott Band will be performing at 9 p.m. Saturday at the Knights of Columbus, 505 Sutton St.