Five Things You Need to Know: Sept. 18
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Tuesday, Sept. 18. Here are five things you need to know:
- Rain: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-70s most of the day, with rain throughout the day as well.
- Meeting: The Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Special Needs: Do you run a business that provides services to people with disabilities? You can sign up for the Merrimack Valley Special Needs Resource Fair to be held at Merrimack College in a couple weeks.
- Movie Set: There's a movie filming in North Andover. Check back for photos.
- This Day in History: In 1793, President George Washington laid the cornerstone of the U.S. Capitol. In 1850, Congress passed the Fugitive Slave Act allowing slave owners to claim slaves that had escaped into other states. In 1851, the first issue of "The New York Times" was published. In 1947, the U.S. Air Force was established as a separate military branch by the National Security Act.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.