Five Things You Need to Know: Sept. 11
Local news for your morning.
Today is Tuesday, Sept. 11. Here are five things you need to know:
- Sunny Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the low 70s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- 9/11 Ceremony: The North Andover Fire Department will hold a ceremony honoring the victims and heroes of 9/11 at 9 a.m. in front of Town Hall.
- Meeting: The Finance Committee will meet at 6:45 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Letters: The general election campaign is in full-swing now. Make your voice heard. Submit Letters to the Editor to Bryan.McGonigle@patch.com.
- This Day in History: In 1789, President George Washington appointed Alexander Hamilton to be the first secretary of the treasury. In 1959, Congress passed a bill authorizing the creation of food stamps. In 1974, "Little House On The Prairie" made its television debut. In 2001, terrorists hijacked four commercial airplanes and flew two in the World Trade Center towers, one into the Pentagon and another into the ground in Pennsylvania after passengers took control of the plane from the terrorists.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.