Five Things You Need to Know: Oct. 22
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Monday, Oct. 22. Here are five things you need to know.
- Sunny Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-60s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Bad Sunscreen: In case you're still using sunscreen this season, watch out. One brand is being recalled for painful occurrences.
- Foliage Pics: Post your Autumn foliage photos here.
- Halloween: What spots in town do you think are haunted?
- This Day in History: In 1879, Thomas Edison conducted his first successful experiment with a high-resistance carbon filament. In 1939, the first televised professional football game was telecast from New York. In 1962, President John F. Kennedy announced his order to send forces to blockade Cuba in response to the discovery of Soviet missile bases on the island. In 2008, iTunes reached 200 million applications downloaded.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.