Five Things You Need to Know: Nov. 9
Some local news to start your morning.
Today is Friday, Nov. 11. Here are five things you need to know.
- Sunny Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the high 40s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Veterans Day: The Veterans Day Parade will be Sunday at 11 a.m. Check back for details this morning.
- Sandy Relief: A local organization is collecting items to send to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- Election Results: Curious how your precinct voted? Check out the town Web site for a precint-by-precinct breakdown of Tuesday's results.
- This Day in History: In 1872, a fire destroyed about 800 buildings in Boston. In 1935, United Mine Workers president John L. Lewis and other labor leaders formed the Committee for Industrial Organization. In 1938, Nazis went on an anti-Jewish rampage destroying Jewish businesses and attacking Jewish people in what became known as "Kristallnacht," or "Night of Broken Glass." In 1989, Communist East Germany opened its borders, allowing its citizens to travel freely to West Germany.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.