Five Things You Need to Know: Nov. 8
Some local news to start your morning.
Today is Thursday, Nov. 8. Here are five things you need to know.
- Snowy Start: The nor'easter is expected to dump some snow and rain on us this morning, with temperatures in the low 40s by the afternoon.
- Power Outages: National Grid has activated its Emergency Response System to deal with outages caused by the storm.
- Meeting: The Community Preservation Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Election 2012: Still have political fever? You can check out our collection of posts from Election 2012 in a specially dedicated topic page.
- This Day in History: In 1793, the Louvre Museum in Paris opened to the public for the first time. In 1889, Montana became the 41st state to join the United States. In 1965, "Days of Our Lives" debuted on NBC. In 1966 Edward W. Brooke of Massachusetts became the first African American elected to the U.S. Senate by popular vote.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.