Five Things You Need to Know: Nov. 29
Local news for your morning.
Today is Thursday, Nov. 29. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cloudy Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the low 40s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The School Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at 7 p.m. in the North Andover High School library.
- Trees Raffle: The Senior Center is raffling off decorative trees.
- Parking: The Winter Parking Ban starts this weekend.
- This Day in History: In 1929, U.S. Navy Lt. Comander Richard Byrd completed the first airplane flight over the South Pole. In 1947, the U.N. General Assembly passed a resolution that called for the division of Palestine between Arabs and Jews. In 1963, President Lyndon Johnson named a commission headed by Earl Warren to investigate the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. In 1994, the House passed the revised General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.