Five Things You Need to Know: Nov. 19
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Monday, Nov. 19. Here are five things you need to know.
- Sunny Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the high 40s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Thanksgiving: Do you have Thanksgiving recipes you'd like to share? Add them here. If you're not planning to cook, here are some places at which you can dine out that day.
- Black Friday/Small Business Saturday: Do you run a local business and planning to have great deals Friday and Saturday? Let us know. Email Bryan.McGonigle@patch.com.
- Get on Patch: Patch is a community site, and that means it's your site. Here's how to get your local organization consistent exposure on Patch.
- This Day in History: In 1863, President Lincoln delivered his Gettysburg Address as he dedicated a national cemetery at the site of the Civil War battlefield in Pennsylvania. In 1919, the Senate rejected the Treaty of Versailles, 55 to 39. In 1979, Nolan Ryan of the Houston Astros signed a four-year contract for $4.5 million making him the highest paid player in major league baseball at the time. In 1985, President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev met for the first time, in Geneva.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.