Five Things You Need to Know: Nov. 16
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Friday, Nov. 16. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cloudy Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the high 40s most of the day, with cloudy skies.
- Theater: North Andover's April Foley is starring in a production of Sunset Boulevard tonight and tomorrow at 8 p.m. at Merrimack College Rogers Center for the Arts.
- Sandy Help: Turtle Farm is loading a truck to bring goods down to Hurricane Sandy victims. Also, Patch has a program on Twitter in which you can help raise money with a simple tweet.
- Get on Patch: Patch is a community site, and that means it's your site. Here's how to get your local organization consistent exposure on Patch.
- This Day in History: In 1864, Union Gen. William T. Sherman and his troops began their "March to the Sea" during the Civil War. In 1933, the United States and the Soviet Union established diplomatic relations for the first time. In 1952, Lucy first held a football for Charlie Brown in the Peanuts comic strip. In 1994, Major League Soccer announced it would launch its inaugural season in 1996.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.