Five Things You Need to Know: Nov. 15
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Thursday, Nov. 15. Here are five things you need to know.
- Sunny Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-40s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The School Committee will meet at 6 p.m. in the North Andover High School library.
- Sandy Help: Turtle Farm is loading a truck to bring goods down to Hurricane Sandy victims. Also, Patch has a program on Twitter in which you can help raise money with a simple tweet.
- Get on Patch: Patch is a community site, and that means it's your site. Here's how to get your local organization consistent exposure on Patch.
- This Day in History: In 1777, the Continental Congress approved the Articles of Confederation. In 1939, President Franklin Roosevelt laid the cornerstone of the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C. In 1969, hundreds of thousands of protesters held a peaceful demonstration against the Vietnam War in Washington, D.C. In 1999, the United States and China signed a trade agreement that involved China's membership in the World Trade Organization.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.