Five Things You Need to Know: March 19
Local news for your morning.
Today is Tuesday, March 19. Here are five things you need to know.
- Snow: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-30s most of the day, with a mix of rain and sleet throughout the morning.
- Meeting: The Finance Committee will meet at 6:45 p.m. at Town Hall.
- MCAS: Some MCAS tests have been postponed.
- Chime In: If you're a veteran weather watcher, you might be interested in to know that the National Weather Service is trying out new warning text, possibly moving away from terms like "watch" and "warning" and "advisory" to more direct language. The government is taking comments on the proposal through March 31.
- This Day in History: In 1628, the Massachusetts colony was founded. In 1822, the city of Boston was incorporated. In 1918, Congress approved Daylight-Saving Time. In 1990 , the first world ice hockey tournament for women was held in Ottawa, Canada.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.