Today is Thursday, March 14. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cooler: Temperatures are expected to be in the low 40s most of the day, with cloudy skies in the afternoon.
- Meeting: The Community Preservation Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Political Party: The North Andover Town Republican Spring Fling will be tonight at 6:30 p.m. China Blossom.
- Irish Delight: Check out these local deals on corned beef.
- This Day in History: In 1629, a royal charter was granted to the Massachusetts Bay Colony. In 1743, America's first town meeting was held at Faneuil Hall in Boston. In 1794, Eli Whitney received a patent for the cotton gin. In 1943, President Franklin Roosevelt became the first U.S. president to fly in an airplane while in office.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.
Thanks. We'll email you the next time we update this story.