Five Things You Need to Know: July 5
Some news to start your morning.
Today is Thursday, July 5. Here are five things you need to know:
- Summer Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-80s most of the day, with partly cloudy skies.
- New Town Site: The town Web site recently got a facelift. Check it out.
- Meeting: The Sustainability Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at the Division of Public Works.
- Readers' Choice: Don't forget to nominate your picks in our 25 categories for Readers' Choice 2012. Check out the categories and post your nominations.
- This Day in History: In 1814, U.S. troops defeated British forces in Chippewa, Canada, during the War of 1812. In 1865, William Booth founded the Salvation Army in London. In 1935, President Franklin Roosevelt signed the National Labor Relations Act into law, allowing labor to organize for collective bargaining. In 1946, the bikini bathing suit made its debut in Paris.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.