Five Things You Need to Know: July 19
Some local news to start your morning.
Today is Thursday, July 19. Here are five things you need to know:
- Sunny Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-80s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The School Committee will meet at 9 a.m. in the North Andover High School library.
- Children's Show: Gary the Silent Clown will perform on the Common at 10 a.m.
- No Swimming: Stevens Pond is still closed due to bacteria. The pond is being tested again this week.
- This Day in History: In 1799, the Rosetta Stone, a tablet with hieroglyphic translations into Greek, was found in Egypt. In 1848, bloomers were introduced at the Women's Rights Convention in Seneca Falls, N.Y. In 1946, Marilyn Monroe acted in her first screen test. In 1984, Geraldine Ferraro was nominated by the Democratic Party as the first female vice presidential nominee on a major party ticket.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.