Five Things You Need to Know: Jan. 31
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Thursday, Jan. 31. Here are five things you need to know.
- More Rain: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-50s most of the day, with rain showers throughout the day as well.
- Bradstreet: Check out the proposal to purchase the Bradstreet School here.
- Puppy Bowl: Upload photos of your pets dressed up for the Puppy Bowl.
- Election: Gov. Deval Patrick has named an interim senator to fill John Kerry's seat until the special election.
- This Day in History: In 1865, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the 13th Amendment to the Constitution, which would abolish slavery in the United States. In 1876, Native Americans were ordered to move to reservations. In 1940, the federal government issued the first Social Security check. In 1990, McDonald's opened its first restaurant in Moscow.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.