Five Things You Need to Know: Jan. 24
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Thursday, Jan. 24. Here are five things you need to know.
- Frigid: Temperatures are expected to be in the teens most of the day, with wind chills below zero degrees.
- Stay Warm: Here are some tips on keeping warm.
- Trash: Trash pick-up is delayed one day due to the holiday.
- Snacks: Here is a list of where to buy Girl Scout cookies.
- This Day in History: In 1848, James W. Marshall discovered a gold nugget at Sutter's Mill in northern California, sparking the gold rush. In 1922, Christian Nelson patented the Eskimo Pie. In 1924, the St. Petersburg, Russia, was renamed Leningrad. In 1985, Penny Harrington became the first major city female police chief of a major city, in Portland, Ore.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.