Five Things You Need to Know: Jan. 18
Local news for your morning.
Today is Friday, Jan. 18. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cold Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-20s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- School Alert: There was a threat investigation at the high school yesterday.
- Taxes: Gov. Patrick is proposing an income tax increase. What are your thoughts?
- Skiing: Itching to hit the slopes? Here are some nearby locations.
- Learn: There's a new Real Estate School in town.
- This Day in History: In 1778, Captain James Cook discovered the Hawaiian Islands for the British. In 1896, the x-ray machine was exhibited for the first time. In 1958, Willie O'Ree, the first black player in the NHL, made his NHL debut with the Boston Bruins. In 1967, Albert DeSalvo, known as the "Boston Strangler," was convicted of armed robbery, assault and sex offenses.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.