Five Things You Need to Know: Jan. 17
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Thursday, Jan. 17. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cold But Sunny: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-30s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The School Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Football: Patriots AFC tickets are going on sale today, and there are a limited number of tickets for the Jan. 20 game.
- Skiing: Itching to hit the slopes? Here are some nearby location
- Radio: A local blogger is on the radio tonight (and every Thursday night) from 7 to 9 p.m.
- This Day in History: In 1871, Andrew Hallidie received a patent for a cable car system. In 1900, Mormon Brigham Roberts was denied a seat in Congress for his practicing of polygamy. In 1945, Soviet and Polish forces liberated Warsaw during World War II. In 1961, President Dwight Eisenhower warned against the rise of "the military-industrial complex" in his farewell address.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.