Five Things You Need to Know: Jan. 14
Local news for your morning.
Today is Monday, Jan. 14. Here are five things you need to know.
- Warm and Wet: Temperatures are expected to be near 50 degrees most of the day, with rain throughout the afternoon.
- Meeting: The School Building Committee will meet at 6:45 p.m. at 1600 Osgood St.
- Winter Parking: It may not feel like winter, but the winter parking rules are still in effect.
- Pan-Mass: Registration opens for “alumni” of the Pan-Mass Challenge on Thursday for the 2013 edition, the bicycle ride that spans the state each summer. The 34th annual ride will happen Aug. 3 and 4 this year. Registration for “newcomers” opens on Jan. 17. Last year, more than 5,000 participants that raised $37 million toward cancer research.
- This Day in History: In 1784, the United States ratified a peace treaty with England officially ending the Revolutionary War. In 1882, the Myopia Hunt Club, in Winchester, Mass., became the first country club in the nation. In 1952, NBC's "Today" show premiered. In 1954, Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio were married.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.