Five Things You Need to Know: Feb. 4
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Febr. 1. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cold and Sunny: Temperatures are expected to be in the low 30s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The School Committee will meet at 6 p.m. in the North Andover High School library.
- Pond: Experts gave a presentation on the Stevens Pond algae issue last week.
- Bradstreet: Former Senate Minority Leader Richard Tisei is not running in the special Senate election.
- This Day in History: In 1789, electors unanimously chose George Washington to be the nation's first president. In 1932, the first Winter Olympics was held in the United States, at Lake Placid, N.Y. In 1938, Thornton Wilder's "Our Town" opened in New York. In 1945, President Franklin Roosevelt met with British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Soviet leader Josef Stalin in Yalta to outline plans for Germany's defeat during World War II.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.