Five Things You Need to Know: Feb. 27
Local news for your morning.
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 27. Here are five things you need to know.
- Winter Mix: Temperatures are expected to be in the high 40s most of the day, with a mix of rain and snow in the morning.
- Meeting: The Conservation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Playoffs: A local couple is raising money to help teens with cancer, in memory of their son.
- Missing Dog: There's a missing dog named Bradley in the area, so keep your eyes open for him.
- This Day in History: In 1827, New Orleans held its first Mardi Gras celebration. In 1933, Germany's parliament building, the Reichstag, was burned down, and the Nazis blamed Communists. In 1951, -the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution was ratified, limiting presidents to two terms. In 1974, People Magazine was published for the first time.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.