Five Things You Need to Know: Feb. 25
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Monday, Feb. 25. Here are five things you need to know.
- Warmer: Temperatures are expected to be in the low 40s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The Board of Selectmen will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Missing Dog: There's a missing dog named Bradley in the area, so keep your eyes open for him.
- Scam: National Grid is warning residents about a scam, so watch out.
- This Day in History: In 1793, President George Washington met with department heads in what was the nation's first documented cabinet meeting. In 1913, the 16th Amendment to the Constitution was ratified, authorizing a graduated income tax. In 1919, Nebraska instituted the first gasoline tax in the nation. In 1940, the first televised hockey game aired in the United States.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.