Five Things You Need to Know: Feb. 14
Local news for your morning.
Today is Thursday, Feb. 14. Here are five things you need to know.
- Warmer: Temperatures are expected to be in the high 40s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Valentine's: Here are some last-minute gift ideas..
- Meeting: Community Preservation Committee will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Love stories: Share your favorite Valentine's Day memories.
- This Day in History: In 1849, the first photograph was taken of a U.S. President while in office, and it was of President James Polk. In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell filed an application for a patent for the telephone. In 1929, several of Al Capone's rivals were killed in what was known as the "St. Valentine's Day Massacre." In 1989, the first GPS satellite was launched into orbit.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.