Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 6
Some local news to start your morning.
Today is Wednesday, Dec. 5. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cooling Down: Temperatures are expected to be in the high 30s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Break-Ins: There were two home break-ins Tuesday night, and police need your help in finding the suspects.
- Toy Drop-Off: Here's a list of places you can drop-off toy donations in town.
- Show Your Merchandise: Local business, show us what you're selling this holiday season.
- This day in History: In 1790, Congress moved from New York to Philadelphia. In 1865, the 13th Amendment to the Constitution was ratified, abolishing slavery in the United States. In 1889, Jefferson Davis, former president of the Confederacy, died in New Orleans. In 1998, astronauts aboard the space shuttle Endeavour connected the first two building blocks of the international space station in the shuttle cargo bay.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.