Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 31
Some local news for your New Year's Eve.
Today is Monday, Dec. 31. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cold Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the low 30s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The Planning Board will meet at 10 a.m. at Town Hall.
- New Year's Eve: Here are some local places you can go this evening for New Year's.
- 2012 Person: The North Andover Patch Person of the Year is Joyce Bradshaw.
- This Day in History: In 1879, Thomas Edison gave his first public demonstration of incandescent lighting in New Jersey. In 1946, President Harry Truman officially proclaimed the end of hostilities in World War II. In 1967, the Green Bay Packers won the National Football League championship game by defeating the Dallas Cowboys 21-17. In 1999, Russian President Boris Yeltsin resigned, and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was designated acting president.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.