Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 20
Local news for your morning.
Today is Thursday, Dec. 20. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cloudy Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-40s most of the day, with cloudy skies.
- Holiday Shopping: Check out our local holiday shopping guide with deals at local businesses this season.
- Meeting Cancelled: The Board of Health Meeting scheduled for tonight has been cancelled.
- Newtown: Here is a way you can help the families of the Newtown tragedy victims. And you can leave a message of support here.
- This Day in History: In 1790, the first successful cotton mill in the nation began operating at Rhode Island. In 1803, the Senate ratified a treaty that included the Louisiana Territories from France for $15 million. In 1879, Thomas Edison privately demonstrated his incandescent light in New Jersey. In 1938, Vladimir Kosma Zworykin patented the iconoscope television system.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.