Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 18
Some local news for your morning.
Today is Tuesday, Dec. 18. Here are five things you need to know.
- Rain: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-50s most of the day, with rain showers throughout the day as well.
- Meeting: The Finance Committee will meet at 6:45 p.m. at Town Hall.
- Newtown: Here is a way you can help the families of the Newtown tragedy victims. And you can leave a message of support here.
- Show Your Elf: Share photos of your Elf on the Shelf here.
- This Day in History: In 1865, the 13th Amendment to the Constitution was ratified, abolishing slavery. In 1917, Congress passed the 18th Amendment, which was the prohibition of alcoholic beverages. In 1965, Kenneth LeBel jumped 17 barrels on ice skates .In 1983, Wayne Gretzky of the Edmonton Oilers scored his 100th point in the 34th game of the season.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.