Five Things You Need to Know: Dec. 12
Some local news to start your morning.
Today is Wednesday, Dec. 12. Here are five things you need to know.
- Sunny Day: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-30s most of the day, with clear sunny skies.
- Meeting: The Board of Selectmen will meet at 6 p.m. at Town Hall to discuss and vote on tax classification.
- Give Warmth: You can donate mittens, hats and gloves at Jaime's and the Knights of Columbus.
- Show Your Merchandise: Local business, show us what you're selling this holiday season.
- This Day in History: In 1800, Washington, D.C., was established as the capital of the United States. In 1870, Joseph H. Rainey of South Carolina became the first black lawmaker to be sworn into the U.S. House of Representatives. In 1912, the Mother's Day International Association was incorporated with the purpose of furthering meaningful observations of Mother's Day.
To find more things to do today, check out our event listings.