Five Things to Do This Weekend, Jan. 22-23
The chill may be in the air, but so is the North Andover fun.
Temperatures are set to drop later this weekend, so get out and have some fun in the meantime.
- Watch Some Hockey: Why not take a small road trip to support your team? The North Andover High School varsity Hockey team will play against Wilmington Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at 190 Main St., Wilmington.
- A Sample of Red, a Sample of White: A taste of vino could warm you up. The Vineyard will hold its Big Taste Wine Tasting Event Saturday from 5 to 8 p.m. at 554 Turnpike St. There will be 45 different wines to sample, representing a variety of regions and price ranges. This event is free and open to adults over age 21. So bring a valid license, liquor ID or passport. And be sure to taste responsibly and arrange a designated driver.
- Games for All: North Parish Church will host its Game Night on Saturday from 5 to 9 p.m. at 3 Great Pond Road. Pizza will be sold. Attendees are advised to bring other snacks if desired, but nothing with nuts in it. Competitions will include a three-legged race, egg-in-spoon relay, balloon carry, ping pong and more. Games for kids 10 and under will be held at 6:30 p.m. Games for kids 11 and up will be held at 7 p.m. This event is open to all.
- Trip to the Theater: After all that activity, you could relax and check out a play. On Sunday at 2 p.m., Act Andover will present Into the Woodsat the Rogers Center for the Performing Arts at Merrimack College. Into the Woods is an award-winning musical written by Stephen Sondheim that follows the lives of several Brothers Grimm fairy tale characters.
- Go Sledding: Before it gets too cold on Sunday, hope outside and go sledding. Here are some places to go as well as some precautions to take in order to make sure your fun time is a safe time.