Five Things to Do This Weekend, Jan. 15 and 16
Put down the shovel and have some fun.
You spent most of your week either preparing for the nor'easter or shoveling out of it. It’s time for a break this weekend. Not sure what to do? North Andover Patch has come up with five activities for you.
- Indoor track: On Saturday, the North Andover High School varsity indoor track team will race against Amesbury High School in North Andover at 10:30 a.m.
- Something for the kids: North Andover Youth Center is holding its 4th & 5th Grade Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. This is a three-hour block of time when 4th and 5th grade kids get the center to themlselves to play games, climb the rock wall and meet with their friends. Cost is $3.
- Food for a cause: Cookie Central is hosting its Salem Taste of the Town at BJ's Wholesale Club in Salem, N.H., where you can sample food from Cookie Central's menu as they promote the 2011 Great American Bake Sale to help hungry children.
- Put on your skates: On Sunday the Youth and Recreation Center will have public skating at Brooks School, 1160 Great Pond Road, from 6:40 p.m. to 8:50 p.m. Cost is $3 per person. No skate rentals are available.
- Or grab your sled: If you're better on snow than ice, here are some places to go sledding, especially with all this snow we just got.