Five Things For the Kids to Do This Week
It's February vacation.
The kids are on vacation this week. But that doesn't have to mean sitting around watching TV all week.
Here are some local things for the kids to do.
1. Make Pet Food: On Wednesday, Feb 20, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Ciao! Bow Wow will host a special event for kids. Lisa from The Honest Kitchen will show kids how to make fresh food for their dog and/or cat. Kids will mix it up there and take it home the "free lunch" for their pets.
2. Go to Youth Center: The Joseph N. Hermann Youth Center will be open at noon all week to accommodate the kids during vacation week.
3. YMCA Basketball Clinic: All this week there's a February Vacation Week Basketball Clinic with Visionary Basketball Group at the Andover/North Andover YMCA. Visionary Basketball Group teaches players skills for success on and off the basketball court.
4. Family Movies: Head over to the Stevens Memorial Library, or Redbox, or your cable On Demand, and pick out out a movie you can all watch together. Add some popcorn and it's a family night suited for those cold outdoor temperatures.
4. Go Sledding: There's snow on the ground, and that means sledding. Here are some places to sled in town.