Five Last Minute Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
It is not too late.
It’s Valentine’s Day, and there is still time to pick up a token of your love for that special someone in your life.
Valentine’s Day gifts need not be big, grandiose gestures. Sometimes the smallest gifts are the ones that express the most thoughtfulness and are most appreciated.
Don’t procrastinate any longer. Here are five last minute Valentine’s Day gift ideas that will help keep your romance alive.
1. The Gift of Art – A beautiful piece of artwork can be special and meaningful. Art & Frame Source at 1097 Osgood St. has a wide selection of framed artwork to create a fond memory. Whether it is a painting of your sweetheart’s favorite flower or a unique piece of sculpture, this artsy Valentine’s gift can be a welcome surprise to be cherished for years to come. Art & Frame Source is open until 6 p.m. today.
2. The Classic Gift of Flowers – It may seem cliché, but the classically romantic gift of flowers often brighten up the household during these dreary winter days. Forgetta’s Flowers & Gifts has a vast selection of Valentine's gifts -- from a dozen roses or a mixed flower arrangement -- that will have you thinking of spring. Forgetta’s is located at 1296 Osgood Street and closes today at 6 p.m.
If you are running really behind, Stop & Shop on Turnpike Street has a large floral selection and is open until 10 p.m. Bundle two or three bunches together and wrap with a beautiful ribbon for a dramatic and cost-effective presentation.
3. Light it up – What is more romantic than a candle-lit dinner or a room filled with flickering flames and aromatic scents? Pop in to Yankee Candle Company at Eaglewood Shops to pick up scented candles that will fill the room with the sweet smell of roses or the relaxing aroma of lavender. The gift of candles can be enjoyed year-round and are sure to create a pleasing mood. Yankee Candle is located at The Eaglewood Shops at 103 Turnpike St. and closes today at 9 p.m.
4. Manicure-Pedicure – Everyone loves a little pampering, and Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to show how much you care and appreciate all your significant other does. Swing by V & V Nails and pick up a gift certificate so that your spouse can schedule some time to primp. V & V Nails is located at 1211 Osgood St., and is open until 7 p.m.
5. Wine and Chocolate - You can seldom go wrong with wine or chocolate, and together they can make a sweet and romantic gift. The Vineyard has an assortment of wines and a helpful staff to assist you in picking just the right bottle. Couple that with a nice selection of Godiva, Lindt or Van Otis chocolates, and you’ve got a perfect match. If you are overly ambitious, you might go the extra mile by picking up some gourmet cheeses or filet mignon from The Meat House within The Vineyard to create a full Valentine’s Day dinner. The Vineyard is open today until 8 p.m. and is located at 554 Turnpike St.